Sunday 31 October 2010

nanowrimo

It’s the most glorious month of the year again! And I’ve been making preparations. Write-ins have been scheduled. Chocolate has been stockpiled. My spreadsheet is filling out. As our reading week (a week’s holiday) falls conveniently in November, I’ll be taking ten days off to do nothing but write. I’ve found that I need to build momentum in the first days of Nanowrimo to carry me through the rest, so as soon as the clock hits midnight tonight, I’ll open up my shiny new Word document and start writing.

This year I’m taking a second crack at my YA urban fantasy DREAD MACHINE. I’m aiming to kill this scarily huge project in 100k max. If I’m especially good, I might even beat last year’s total. I hope the tiramisu of victory is in my future!

Are you doing Nanowrimo this year? How have you been preparing?

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyyyyyy! You're back. I thought you were dead.

    Not really. Maybe if I'd kept up with Twitter I'd have know you were still alive already.

    I hope you're doing well. I sure am, despite the walk-around-in-your-underwear temperature over here. It seems unfathomable that only a few months ago I was complaining about the cold. I bet it's getting cold over there.

    Best of luck with Nanowrimo. I'm not doing it this year, but I'll cheer you on from the sidelines.

    I must confess, I haven't even touched my novel for a couple of months. I totally lost interest. Maybe I'm destined to just be a hobby writer after all. If anyone suggested that a year ago I would have been adamant that they were wrong, but now I'm not so sure what I want to do. I go insane if I spend more than a few hours a day at the computer, or even in the house. I haven't checked my e-mails in about a month because I am just so not into it anymore... And I used to be an impulsive e-mail checker.

    On the plus side of all this, I get to see my friends more often, shower more than once a week, and got a lot fitter.

    And I got a haircut. That's me since you disappeard off the map. Quite a difference if I do say so myself.

    Still a huge fan and admirer of you though. I'll keep watching this blog on the occasions I get on the computer.

    Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete